Every good and perfect gift is from above...
~James 1:17

Friday, May 21, 2010

3 Months Old

I was feeling very blessed this month as I celebrated my very FIRST Mother's Day!  One year ago I was so fearful that this day would never come, that I would never be able to be called "mom."  Little did I know that we would have success with IVF the very first time the following month.  I know He knew the plan and I'm just so thankful to have Grant and JT and look forward to the day they call me "mommy." 

Here are the updates for this month: Both boys love to play with the rattles, but can't quite figure out how to manipulate them.  They also have started cooing and JT makes a funny "guh" sound when he's happy.  JT rolled onto his side from his back on 5/1/12.  Grant's head control is getting better and he holds his gaze on interesting and bright new objects.  The biggest update is that both boys began sleeping through the night (from 11:00 p.m.-7:00 a.m.)!!! Therefore, we moved them into their own room and their own (separate) cribs.  We knew it was getting close to the time where they needed to be separated since they were nearly on top of each other frequently in the pack and play.  They both seemed to like their cribs and the transition was smooth.
Now this sleeping more thing is great, and really they were very predictable babies (only waking when it was time to eat) but mommy still has to get up and pump so I'm not really seeing many benefits from them sleeping through the night.  But, I'm so thankful I can provide enough milk to feed them for most feedings so I'll continue as long as I am able.

 JT practicing some tummy time

 Grant snoozing away on a warm spring day

 Belle is so protective and they are just so curious about her

 Celebrating my first Mother's Day with my mom

 First time in the Bumbo seats

 Rock on!

We're 3 months old today...never too early for our Mickey hats :)

No comments:

Post a Comment