Every good and perfect gift is from above...
~James 1:17

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

20 week update: Sinus Infection

Well the nastiness I was feeling a couple of weeks ago (which took a break last week) has returned this week in the form of a sinus infection. I probably had it all along and it tried to go away but couldn't. I saw the doctor yesterday and he is confident that's what we're dealing with (even though I repeatedly discussed my flu concerns-he told me these aren't the common symptoms). He put me on the Z-pack, which has been helpful in the past. Good news: I was able to start it last night...bad news: I threw up both pills 10 minutes after taking them thanks to the Netty Pot. I had my reservations about the Netty Pot but it has come highly recommended by many people, including my doctor. So I thought I'd just try it. I think the nastiness started running down the back of my throat and I just couldn't keep from throwing up. So, unfortunately I didn't get the benefits of the antibiotic yesterday. Doctor called me back this morning and told me just to continue the pack so I took it early because I probably absorbed little if any last night. Hopefully it kicks in soon and I start feeling some relief. I did have a low grade fever last night, which the doctor said was normal with sinus infections. As a result, I took a sick day from work because really the kids are super nasty sick there, too...I should keep myself safe and let myself recover.
Oh, and the Netty Pot does work, I'm definitely able to breathe better with it. It's just a matter of getting over the fact that nastiness runs out the other side of your nose...pretty gross, I know!

Oh, and our gender ultrasound tomorrow is definitely motivating me to feel better ASAP. We CANNOT wait to find out what we're having, let's just hope they aren't as stubborn as their father!

No comments:

Post a Comment