Every good and perfect gift is from above...
~James 1:17

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Week 18: Allergy/Sinus issues (AGAIN)

I've been feeling great until this past Monday when my allergies/sinuses started acting up. Luckily I have a great co-worker who insisted I call the OB to find out if I could take anything for relief. Even luckier (sarcasm) I got to speak to my favorite nurse (riiiight) Lori, who informed me that I can take Sudafed. Now, it seems I get my baby updates from whattoexpect.com and babycenter.com at just the right moment and today the heading was "Safe OTC Meds" I proceeded to scan through the list and saw that medicines containing pseudoephedrine were not advised for more than one day because it can affect blood flow to the placenta. Great...thanks Lori. Now I'm sure that it probably is fine and she wouldn't tell me it was if it wasn't but I'm just not crazy with that side effect and she never told me to stop after a day. So I'm either going to be stuffy, congested, and miserably happy that at least I am pregnant or I will take Mucinex (which is definitely safe) instead. Let's hope it clears this up because I can't take any sick days right now, I need them for the babies.

On the bright side, I'm not officially a side sleeper thanks to my body pillow. I've been sleeping better this week, well until the stuffiness started! Oh well, it's all definitely worth it!! We both can hardly wait to see what we're having, two weeks from tomorrow! I have no inclination as to what I'm having and all the old wives' tales are not even applicable to twins. So it will be a lovely surprise...and we're still NOT sharing our names, I don't care who you are!

2 comments:

  1. love the babies bump. hope you feel better. 2 more weeks, ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sick too!!! first time ever that i've had horrible allergy problems! i thought it was swine flu!!!

    ReplyDelete