Every good and perfect gift is from above...
~James 1:17

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Week 17: I love Ice Cream

All of a sudden I LOVE ice cream!! I was never a big ice cream eater before I got pregnant so this is kind of a surprise to me. At the top of the list is Graeter's Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream...I've bought 3 pints in the past 2 weeks!! Maybe that will explain the extra two pounds I've gained since I've been pregnant. Oh well, it's a good source of calcium! I've been eating very well otherwise, my lunches are near perfect with good nutrients for the babies.

News Flash: I could maybe write a small book about the bizarre things people don't tell you about when you become pregnant. First, you get a constant stuffy nose due to swollen membranes and blood vessels in the nose. It even has a fancy name: pregnancy rhinitis. I thought it was just my allergies but I think it's beyond that now! Second, you have to sleep on your side (preferably the left) after 16 weeks because sleeping on your back cuts off blood circulation to the babies. Now I've always been a back sleeper so this has been an adjustment. However, my wonderful husband bought me a body pillow so that has been helping. Don't get me wrong, I'd suffer through just about anything for these babies I just think some of this stuff got left out in my conversations with others who have experienced the amazing bodily changes of pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment