Every good and perfect gift is from above...
~James 1:17

Friday, November 20, 2009

24 week checkup

My visit to the doctor yesterday went very well. The boys are both measuring at 1 lb. 10 oz. and doing well. They are currently in the breech position but it doesn't really matter because I am having a C-section. I had a cervix check and everything looks great. My uterus is measuring at 28 weeks right now. When the measurement gets to 36 weeks they will start checking the cervix again to determine when I might go into labor. In two weeks I go back for my last cervical length ultrasound and for my glucose challenge. Yay flat orange soda (yuck)!

We went for our hospital tour on Wednesday at Good Sam. It was really interesting, very informative, and in general made all this real for us. It was a multiples tour so we got to see the NICU as well as other parts that most parents with one don't see. There were five couples on the tour, including us, and four of them were pregnant with all boys (one couple was having triplet boys)!!! That's nine boys...amazing! The other couple didn't find out what they were having. I was just in awe over this. But needless to say, I'm glad we will be in good hands while we are in the hospital.

Last Wednesday we registered for all of our baby goodies and needs at Babies R Us. It took three hours but we were efficient and prepared when we arrived. I can't imagine how long it would have taken if I didn't come with a list of things that we would want and need. Thank goodness I'm anal!!

We also started and made very good progress on the nursery last weekend. It's completely painted and only needs one more cutting in coat of paint. We're planning to assemble the cribs soon and I'll post pics as soon as we're done. It's so exciting to prepare for the boys' arrival!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment