Every good and perfect gift is from above...
~James 1:17

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

28 weeks: Braxton Hicks Contractions

At my 24 week appointment my OB asked me if I was having Braxton Hick's Contractions but I had no clue what they were or what they felt like. She described it as pressure and your stomach/uterus tightening for about 15-30 seconds and then stopping. She told me they wouldn't hurt and would be very sporadic in nature. Well, last week (27 weeks) I was pretty sure I had a few but nothing to be concerned about. Now this week (28 weeks) I've had a lot. I called the OB and she assured me this was normal and to call if I felt I needed to be seen or if I had more than 6 in an hour. I've had a bit of stress lately with school and the holidays so I'm wondering if that's causing them. It's also more common with multiples because of how fast the uterus grows. And it's also more common when the babies are active, which mine have been these past two days. The evening seems to be the worst, between 5-7 pm. But they don't hurt and I don't feel any different so I'm going to try to stop getting so worried about them.

During my 26th week I had my glucose challenge, which I thankfully passed! That orange drink was totally nasty but the babies sure did love it. I also had my last cervix check because it has not shortened so they are not concerned about it happening now and my risk for pre-term labor continues to drop with each passing week. The babies are still sitting head to head and top to bottom. Doesn't really matter because we're having a C-section, which will be scheduled sometime during my 38th week (unless I go into labor prior to that). I'm feeling lots of baby body parts now, although I cannot distinguish what is what or who it belongs to. I just know it's very gratifying to push on one and have it push back.

The nursery is just about finished but not yet ready for pictures. I will post them soon though. We want it done before January 1 because I really don't know how I'm going to do much bending and what not with my increasing belly size.

I was just in the doctor's office on Monday for my RhoGam shot and bloodwork. I have a blood type of A negative so it's important that I get this shot so my body doesn't reject the babies should our blood mix. We have another appointment and ultrasound next Monday so I'll update with the boys' new growth, which judging by the size of my belly, will be A LOT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment