Every good and perfect gift is from above...
~James 1:17

Saturday, January 23, 2010

End of 33 Weeks

This past Monday was my third weekly appointment and I'm now measuring 39 cm. (that's up 2 cm from the week prior). I'm still 1 cm. dilated and slightly thinned but nothing to write home about. The OB told me she would like to see me make it to 36 weeks (my goal was 37) and that ultimately they will look for any small sign that it's time after 36 weeks.

We had a growth ultrasound on Thursday and found out our boys both weigh 5 lbs. each!! That was amazing news and we really feel good about it! Pea A is now breech and Pea B is now head down. Guess they can't make up their minds! Oh well, C-section it is for me. It's getting really difficult to distinguish body parts on the ultrasound screen because they are so squished in there, it's amazing what 4 weeks does. At this point most of the weight I will gain will go to them, which is fine by me! It seems since I was told that I was carrying 10 lbs. of baby I actually feel heavier in the stomach. Weird!

I've been feeling pretty good but within the past 24 hours I got a little worried because my Braxton Hick's contractions started picking up. I ended up calling the doctor today because I experienced more than 6 an hour on several occasions from last night into today. She wasn't worried because I told her I wasn't experiencing any pain, they weren't regular, and there was nothing but pressure. It's just I'm having them more often. She just wanted me to rest for a couple hours and monitor them to make sure they weren't more than Braxton Hick's. I'm so glad she didn't want me to go to the hospital, that would have worried me a little. I just want to take each week as it comes and be thankful. I will do whatever it takes to keep these babies cooking for a few more weeks.

Because I've had to rest all day (tough job, I know-but if you know me you know this kills me), Peter has been doing lots around the house to prepare for babies. He put the bases in our cars and the car seats are out of the box and ready to go. He also put the pack n play together and cleaned both of our cars. He still doesn't have a hospital bag packed yet, but everything we needed to get finished around the house is now done! Thank goodness I have an AMAZING husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment