Every good and perfect gift is from above...
~James 1:17

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

34 weeks-I think I can, I think I can...

This week is testing my ability to think positive. I've been able to do this for my entire pregnancy, not worry and be grateful. I'm just very uncomfortable right now with 10 or more pounds of baby inside me, one of whom has his entire head in my rib cage! But I WILL make it to 36 weeks (or more) no matter how uncomfortable I get, I know I can do this!!!

I was at the doctor on Monday and I am now 2 cm. dilated and 50% effaced. I've been 50% effaced for three weeks now and my dilation has increased .5 cm each week. In the prego world this is little progress, which is fine by me at this point. My doctor doesn't think I'll make it to my 38 week scheduled C-section on 2/23 but she doesn't see why I won't make it to 36 weeks (2/8). After 36 weeks they will be monitoring me very closely and any little change will be cause for them to deliver the babies. My goal was 37 weeks but I will be happy with 36. So it could be less than two weeks from now that we have a family of 4!

Meanwhile, I'm busily preparing for maternity leave at work. I'm trying not to get stressed about anything at work, after all, I'm leaving my job in good hands. Honestly, I probably won't think about anything at work while I'm gone. I don't intend on going back this school year, except to visit my co-workers. I actually don't feel bad about any of this, I'm happy to make the boys my priority!

Will update again next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment