Every good and perfect gift is from above...
~James 1:17

Friday, February 19, 2010

37 weeks: Stick a fork in me...I'm done!

Well if you can believe it, the peas are still in the pod! My appointment on Monday was canceled due to the third snow storm to roll through Cincinnati this month. I was really disappointed because I wanted to know if I had made any progress and I'm not very patient right now (or ever, depending on who you talk to). It was rescheduled for Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. We were prepared to bring our bags but at the last minute I reminded Peter to be realistic, I'm going to term with these two! I guess I thought a little reverse psychology might work, but not so much. I had made no progress from the week prior, shocker! But really it's a blessing because these babies have an extra week to develop and stay warm!
Thankfully we were off school Monday due to President's Day and then again on Tuesday because of the snow. So I decided to put myself on "bed rest" because I just couldn't bear going back to school and being on my feet all day. The doctor gladly signed off on that and couldn't believe I waited so long. My feet were thankful, too. So no more appointments. We just have to report to the hospital on Tuesday morning at 7:30 a.m. Dr. Egner (hilarious woman, so glad she's delivering my boys) will be there at 9:30 a.m. My guess is she'll be late because she was late getting into the office on Tuesday. My guess is she will also say something totally funny like "let's deliver some babies!" or something like that.
I'm just hoping that I can make it to Tuesday because my mucus plug has been coming out over the past 24 hours. Really all I can say is NASTY GROSS. It's exactly what you're thinking. The thing about the plug is that it CAN or CANNOT indicate that labor is impending. How confusing is that? It could be days or weeks, but really it's just days for me because I'll either go into labor or make it to the scheduled C-section. Just one thing...I wish all of my pregnant friends and family would have warned me about how anxious I'd be these last few weeks. Guess it's just the start of all the worrying I'll do throughout these boys' lives!

1 comment:

  1. Your babies are almost here! I am ecited for you and your family. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete