Every good and perfect gift is from above...
~James 1:17

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Our Little Ring Bearers

The boys were in their very first wedding this weekend.  We were approached about 18 months ago when Peter's cousin Caroline and her fiancee, Mike, announced they were engaged and would be married in the fall of 2012.  We agreed to allow the boys, in all their cuteness, to be ring bearers.  This weekend was the wedding!  Leading up to this day, I struggled with the tuxedo, shirt, shoes, etc.  It was a mess!  First, I ordered the tuxes from Men's Wearhouse, and at a great deal...BOGO FREE!!  I thought we were set, with the exception of ordering an ivory shirt and getting black dress shoes...WRONG!  When the tuxes arrived, size 3T the size they currently wear, it became evident that they would not fit, especially JT.  But, I thought we'd try them on anyway and see....boy was that a mistake.  The vest wouldn't even button and the arms on the jacket looked like it had been through the dryer and shrunk.  Not to mention that both boys screamed and cried when I made them put the items on.  It didn't look good.  So, that was July.  
I spent all of August searching for the same brand of tuxedo at a good price.  I finally had some luck online and the best part is it came with choice of an ivory shirt.  Again, I celebrated too soon.  The tuxes were fine but now the ivory shirt looked, well, not ivory but just white.  So, those had to be returned and we had to haul the boys out to Men's Wearhouse to size them for the ivory shirt that we would be renting.  For the same price as it cost me to buy the ivory shirts. Fun.  
I spent the first week of September looking for shoes and luckily had more luck with that task than I did with the tuxes and shirts.  I found one pair of dress shoes at Once Upon a Child for $3.50 and another at Payless for $9.50.  Finally a break!  The only thing left to do was to alter the tuxes so they weren't so big in the pants and sleeves of the jacket.  Luckily, Meme was able to do that for us!
All in all, the boys did awesome at the rehearsal and the actual wedding.  We were "those parents" who bribed their children down the aisle with dum dum lollipops...whatever works, it wasn't my wedding.  They boys practiced about 15 times during rehearsal so they knew the drill and they knew what would be waiting for them.  Grant did go out a little early when Peter was distracted with JT, so Peter had to go and pick him up and bring him back, which was funny.  Everyone laughed and it was super cute!  I think their highlight for the day was getting to sit in the Escalade limo!  That and staying up way too late dancing at the reception!  Here are some shots of the day:









No comments:

Post a Comment