Every good and perfect gift is from above...
~James 1:17

Friday, August 21, 2009

11 week update and ultrasound


I've really been feeling better lately and the nausea has been decreasing, I've only had it once this week. I had a scare on Wednesday night (the night before the first day of school, of course), I started spotting after a walk with the dog. I immediately panicked and called the doctor-on-call because of course, these things can never happen during normal office hours. The doctor was not concerned because it was a small amount, lasted no longer than an hour, and occurred after exercise. She told me it was most likely a blood vessel in the cervix that was irritated and burst and nothing more. Well it scared me and was enough to cause me to stay off of my feet the rest of the night. Thank goodness I was scheduled for an appointment the next morning. I was so anxious that night and the next day.
At our appointment on Thursday we found out that the babies were doing just fine and growing big and strong. Our due date of 3/8/10 was confirmed. The doctor mentioned the benefits of a C-section with twins but I didn't need convincing, I'm already on board with that. So the peas will be removed from the pod no later than the last week in February. That will be 38 weeks which is past-due for twins. I was also given several samples of prescription pre-natal vitamins as twins need more folic acid and calcium. In addition, I will also be taking an additional folic acid pill. We didn't hear the heartbeats but saw them and were told they were very strong. I was in no mood to argue or request it since due to what I went through Wednesday night. I just wanted to see that our babies were healthy and happy. And are they ever happy! They were wiggling all over in there, almost saying "Hey mom, don't worry, we're loving it in here!"
Our next appointment is in four weeks and we can't wait to see them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment