Every good and perfect gift is from above...
~James 1:17

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

7 week update

Well, I'm pretty sure that nausea (without throwing up) has started to rear it's ugly head this week. Only it's not "morning sickness" but "evening sickness." It strikes at the oddest times, too! Several things I know for sure: 1) I can't ever let myself feel hungry or it gets worse; 2) I have to eat dinner before 7:00 p.m. because my "evening sickness" kicks in around 7:30 or 8:00 p.m. most nights; and 3) By 10:00 p.m. I'm feeling pretty good (so good last night that I decided to eat some cake!). Another thing I've noticed is that I get tired a lot quicker. I have to take a nap at some point during the day or I'm ready for bed by 9:00 p.m. Finally, I pee all the time, but this is not new. It's been with me since the onset of OHSS and now is the result of the pregnancy. But no complaints about any of this from me. I just can't believe how quickly things change in my body, it's truly amazing!
This week our baby is the size of a blueberry and has grown 10,000 times bigger than it was at conception. Arm and leg buds are also forming and it has gone through three sets of kidneys by now. The set it grows this week will be permanent and will begin the job of waste management. In about a week our baby will start producing urine!
Today I went to the grocery store (my favorite...ugh) since we have virtually nothing to fix meals in this house. After an hour in the store and a forever and day long checkout I called Peter and told him he should probably NEVER send me to the grocery alone. This is because I bought everything that sounds good to me this week: 3 frozen pizzas and two bags of french fries...yum! I'll probably hate them next week! And hey, I stuck to the list and bought some healthy things, too. I was also starving when I was there and any good shopper knows you should never go to the grocery on an empty stomach. The last reason I shouldn't go there alone is because I had a nauseous moment in the pickle and salad dressing isle and almost ran someone over trying to escape that yucky stuff!
Whew, crazy things going on this week!!! Can't wait to see what the next few weeks bring.

1 comment:

  1. Things sound just like they should. Sorry about feeling sick but at least it has a pattern. Better luck at the grocery store next time.

    ReplyDelete