Every good and perfect gift is from above...
~James 1:17

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Every blind squirrel finds a nut at some point!

Well the news you've all been waiting for...it's a BIG HUGE OFF THE CHARTS POSITIVE! My beta was 300, leading them to believe that both of them might be in there! We actually did it this time!!!! Now just typing that has finally allowed it to settle in. You see, we've known since Monday when I went to the doctor with symptoms of Ovarian Hyper-Stimulation Syndrome (OHSS). Basically it's when the ovaries are over-stimulated by the medication. I developed it shortly after our embryo transfer (Father's Day to be exact) and then it got worse as the week progressed. The following Wednesday I noticed some relief but as I said in my previous post, it came back again last Friday, and with a vengence. So I spent the weekend being miserable and decided to see the doctor this Monday because I was dry-heaving (not fun). I was keeping down fluids but at that point had gained 6 pounds of water in less than a week.
So while I was in his office he decided to do the beta blood test and reassured me that these symptoms were a very good thing, especially that they went away and came back. That almost always indicates a conception. I also got an AWESOME shot of Demerrol and Phenergen (anit-nausea) which made me feel FABULOUS. I slept most of the remainder of the day until the nurse called with the news. I was barely coherent enough to understand what she was saying but thank goodness I had the ability to ask about the numbers. She said "You are very pregnant, the number is 300!"
So now that it's all confirmed, I have had this awesome bloating to deal with. You would never recognize me, I'm so huge. I have no curvature in my back and places are swollen that I didn't know existed. I am not complaining but just really uncomfortable. But I am determined to get to Disney World next week so I'm up and at 'em to get the fluids moving. Any other advice appreciated, especially if you've dealt with severe bloating before. I'm drinking tons of gatorade and avoiding all the salty cravings I already have. I actually wanted to drink salsa the other day while out with a friend at lunch, it was so amazing. And yesterday I hobbled myself to Kroger for some pickles because I desperately wanted them. Not sure if those count as cravings but I'm sure there's more to come!
Oh and by the way, the word is mum for a while...I'm sure you all understand! We have an ultrasound scheduled for July 16th and should know by then if we have one or two. We're hoping for two!

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!I am so happy for you and your husband. That is awesome news. I am just so happy for you. good luck with the ohss and have fun with Mickey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am sooooo happy for you and Peter. You two have worked so hard for this moment!! How neat!! Your father is sooo excited, too! Again, congratulations and enjoy your time at Disney World!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo happy for you! Can't wait to hear if it is 1 or 2! :)

    ReplyDelete