Every good and perfect gift is from above...
~James 1:17

Sunday, July 5, 2009

"If you can dream it you can do it!"



Even though this is how I still currently feel (and feel like I look), I'm bound and determined to make it to Disney World in a few days. Sure, Dumbo's cute and he can fly but he's still a huge elephant. Despite this, we are planning to leave on Wednesday morning and will be in the park Thursday through Monday. I'm so excited to go and I really think this is what I need! I will feel so much happier, despite being bloated and slightly uncomfortable, when visiting MICKEY! So what if I can't ride all the big rides, I'm definitely going to enjoy people watching and just taking a vacation I thought we'd never get. But just to be safe, I'm clearing it with the doctor tomorrow. I don't suspect he'd object.

This weekend I did some things I didn't expect to happen so soon:

1. I purchased new and larger underwear (one and two sizes bigger than I normally wear). As distraught as I was about this, I feel so much more comfortable. And, get this, I didn't even consider going to Victoria's Secret even though that's the only kind I wear. Something tells me those won't make me feel any sexier.

2. I was asked how far along I was...how do I answer that? I just avoided it with the "I'm really bloated from medicine" comment

3. I purchased new and larger pants so that I can at least feel decent about myself if I'm going to look sixth moths preggers at five weeks.

4. I purchased six new and larger shirts that I would have never purchased two weeks ago let alone two years ago, in order to disguise my huge self. I'm not ashamed or embarrassed but I'm not sure how to explain all this and I'd just rather not. I just want to feel pretty again!

5. I compared my huge self to my father-in-law...it was a close call! hahaha

6. I realized I probably can't get in a swimsuit due to swelling in places down south that I didn't know could swell...that's enough information about that!

I'm actually coping with all this pretty well and I realized today that really this is a good thing. If anything, it's a preview for about seven months from now.

1 comment: