Every good and perfect gift is from above...
~James 1:17

Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 53: Cross Country, Yellow M, Mama's School

We did all of the above BEFORE lunch!  It was a busy morning.  On most Fridays during Cross Country (XC) conditioning, we run at Delhi Park.  Afterward, we go to McDonald's  (otherwise called the Yellow M) for team building and biscuits!  It's a pretty good time!  I usually try to make these morning practices because I know it's important to bond with the kids and just hang out with them.  I usually can't make morning practices because the boys don't wake up early enough and they take forever to get going.  But, since I don't have to feed them, we usually make it (a little late, but better late than never).  This year has been great because Bud, my colleague at school, has been at practices because Austin, their son, runs on the team.  So he takes the boys to play at the playground or see the ducks so that I can run and participate fully in practice and he's also there to help out with McDonald's (although just to put it out there, I did it by myself last year)!!
The boys did great at the yellow M and they really liked seeing all of the "big kids."  After breakfast, we went to DMS to drop off and pick up a few things.  The boys enjoyed playing with my calculators (using them as phones to call one another), markers, and white board.  They also liked running in circles around my classroom.  It's just like a regular sixth grade day!!!


 When we got home we  had some time to fill because we ate a late breakfast.  So I got out the boys' pool and attached the hose to the sprinkler attached to the pool. This was enough fun until lunch!!  Mommy was definitely ready for nap time after this busy morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment