Every good and perfect gift is from above...
~James 1:17

Monday, June 15, 2009

8 is Great (at least we hope)

Well I'm home from retrieval and everything went well. They were able to retrieve 8 eggs (some of my follicles did not contain an egg), which I cried about and not because I was happy. I'm sure it was some of the effects of the drugs they gave me but I was still slightly disappointed. The nurse and Peter both reassured me that "8 is great!" She told me that 8 is the average that they get and that the quality is more important (there it is again). Right after she said that another woman came out from retrieval and her number was 8 too. So I guess everything will be okay.

I don't remember the procedure very much and am really wondering how in the hell I got myself from the surgical table to my "chariot" as the nurse called it. I'm sure she talked to me and told me what to do but I don't remember at all. All I remember is watching the clouds on the ceiling start moving and then I was done.

I'm recovering at home and getting lots of attention from Peter and my mom. I'm a bit crampy but nothing that my heating pad or Tylenol won't take care of. I'm supposed to start my awesome progesterone suppositories tonight..fun fun! They will call with a fertilization report tomorrow morning. Please continue to keep us in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. I think 8 is awesome! I will say a big prayer for you tonight and can't wait for your fert report. Enjoy the pampering from hubby and mom. I was thinking about you all day at work and kept checking for an update. I am so happy for you girl. Good luck, sending lots of good wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your thoughts, it means a lot to me! At least I can tell you what to expect now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, that's great!! It is quality, not quantity! I'm glad to hear the procedure went well and look forward to hearing how those 8 develop. Take it easy and try to relax.

    ReplyDelete