Every good and perfect gift is from above...
~James 1:17

Monday, June 8, 2009

I just want to warn you...

Well today was my office visit for blood work and an ultrasound. Everything is looking good in there and I have 8 follicles already. "Only 8!" This was my response to my doctor, who said that many more could grow between now and retrieval and really "8 is enough." Now I'm hoping for a few more since we will need some to freeze should this not work as planned (there it is again, cautiously optimistic).
So I have a new injection schedule: 150 IU today, 225 IU tomorrow, 150 IU Wednesday and another lovely office visit complete with blood work and ultrasound on Thursday morning. As my RE is leaving the room he said, "Now I want to warn you, your retrieval could be this weekend but no later than Monday." What is he warning me for? Now I'm concerned and should I be nervous, too? Maybe he was just saying that for planning purposes, or maybe he just wanted to "warn me" that my weekend will be miserable...who knows??!

4 comments:

  1. I think he was saying don't make any plans that you can't get out of this weekend. That is awesome news about the 8 follies. It seems to be moving so fast, Keep growing those follies and I will be looking for your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...

    I just read your comment about the yams and ice cream. What a mess!! Some folks will really fall for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim,
    Hang in there, keep a positive thought, I'm saying a prayer for you.

    Love,
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim,
    I think the RE was warning you that your weekend might be miserable. Let's not say miserable, but that your plans might be interrupted. Plan on taking it easy and drinking a lot of fluids. I lived on Vitamin Water!

    I have really enjoyed your posts. They really bring back memories for me and it's amazing how similar your story is to mine.

    Try to stay positive (which I know is easier said than done!)

    Lisa M.

    ReplyDelete