Every good and perfect gift is from above...
~James 1:17

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Happy Birthday???

I received our fertilization report this morning and it was a most unwelcome birthday gift. Of my "8 is great" eggs, only 3 (that's right, less than half) fertilized. And, to add to the disappointment, our transfer was moved up to Wednesday instead of Thursday. And we don't even have the grades for the embryos yet. So after I got off the phone I cried for about an hour and am still feeling very sorry for us. Let's add to that the fact that I am in a great deal of discomfort from yesterday and have more pain now than I did 24 hours ago. I feel like a failure.

After calming myself down and taking a long walk, I did call the nurse because after all, they told me I could call with ANY concerns. My mind was put at ease (a little) when she told me that with low numbers (awesome, we have low numbers) they like to put them back in the uterus sooner because they will do better in me than in the dish. We can only hope that is the case. She said that sometimes there could be a late fertilizer. So it's three, with none to freeze. I'm trying to think positive and that maybe we won't need the frosties, but it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

So tomorrow we will have our transfer and then we just wait. We need prayers now more than ever.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry it took me a day to talk with you my damn internet was down. I am sorry that only 3 fertilized. How many is your RE going to transfer? When we had our education day they told us that 99% of people have a 3 day transfer instead of a 5. I think that is pretty normal. Keep your head up and stay positive. I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to talk to you last night. remember, a positive outlook and relaxed body / mind is your best medicine. I'll be praying for you. talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete